The Denon RC-865 full-function or Universal remote control to operate varios devices and you can program the remote control to operate most of the popular brands of audio/video equipment like a TV, a DVD player (or VCR), or a Network satellite receiver. See Programming for Other Equipment on This remote control may have features not used by your receiver. This guide makes it easy to set up and use your remote control this guide contains in-depth information to help you get the most from your remote control, including controlling other equipment like TVs, VCRs, and DVD players.
If you press power button pointing to the device if it powers off then its already programmed and do not need further programming. If the device is not responding check the batteries in the remote it may be that batteries are exhausted.
universal remote control codes for Denon Soundbar. Use the following 4 and 5 digit remote codes. using below Denon Remote programming instructions
Denon Soundbar 4 Digit Remote Control Codes:
Denon Soundbar 5 Digit Remote Control Codes:
How to setup the TV remote to control the Denon soundbar:
Denon Code Search using Comcast Remote Control:
- Turn on your Denon Soundbar to be programmed.
- Press and hold the “Setup” button on your remote. (LED changes from red to green)
- Type in the remote code listed above using the number buttons.
- If the code is accepted the status LED will blink green twice. (If it blinks red the code was not entered correctly)
- Use the remote to operate your Denon soundbar.
- Try another code and repeat if the code you entered was not correct.
Denon Code Search using DIRECTV Remote Control:
- Turn Denon Soundbar ON
- Volume up but MUTED
- Press AV1 or AV2
- Press and hold MUTE and SELECT for 2 blinks
- Enter 9 9 1 and wait 2 blinks
- Enter 3
- Press and release VOL UP
- Point the remote at the soundbar and keep pressing and releasing the CH UP key
- When the volume changes, press SELECT to lock in code.
- The above CODE SEARCH (Remote Control Programming) methods are written for Comcast and DIRECTV remotes but can be used and tried with ANY universal remote. The code search methods above are examples of how to get your current remote to control your Denon soundbar.
Your Denon soundbar should be able to be programmed to use the same IR code your TV does. Read the manual for your Denon soundbar. Here is the Denon DHT-S514 soundbar owner’s manual.
Depending on how the remote is set up, the remote control may use UHF radio signals, IR signals, or both to control the receiver. However, only IR signals are used to control other equipment. IR signals travel short distances generally 20 feet or 7 meters they can go up to 40 feet, and cannot go through walls or other solid objects. Point the remote control directly at the equipment you want to control, with no objects to block the signal path.
This manual shows you how to program the remote control to operate a TV. The following section uses a different method to program the remote control to operate a TV or other equipment (such as a DVD player or VCR, tuner, amplifier, audio receiver or a second TV). You can program the remote control by either following the instructions in Programming Using Equipment Remote Code Tables, or the Scanning for Equipment Codes procedure.
When programming the remote control to operate combination equipment, such as a TV/DVD or a TV/VCR, program the remote control in one mode, and then repeat the procedure in the other mode. For example, to program the remote control to operate a TV/DVD player using code 765, follow the instructions to program the remote to operate the TV using codes, and then repeat the instructions for the DVD using the same code. Put the remote in TV mode to use TV functions, or DVD mode to use the DVD player (or VCR) functions.
Use the remote control's mode buttons to set the remote to the correct mode for the equipment. Be sure to program the remote control to operate the other equipment as described on manual. To change the mode, press the button for the equipment you want to control. The mode button lights for three seconds to show you've set the remote to that mode.